Superbowl Sunday Snack Time
In preparation for the Colts-Saints matchup this Sunday, I asked the ballgirls what they were doing to celebrate. Brittany shared that she usually watches the game with her Dad and Brother (both yelling at the television of course) but this year will be different since her Dad is lucky enough to be going! Besides Brittany, many of us will be watching with friends or family, and some were just disappointed that the Eagles weren’t playing this year. Even though we won’t be doing much, everyone knows that Superbowl Sunday is all about the food! Here’s a list of what we’ll be having, what about you!?
– Smartfood Popcorn and Nachos [Patti]
– Sausage Dip [Katie]
– Cheeseburgers [Fehran]
– Spinach dip in a bread bowl with cubes of cheese [Victoria]
– Seven layer dip – my Aunt Samantha’s specialty [Lindsay]
– Pizza [Amanda]
– Chips with spinach and artichoke dip [Kristina]
– Honey BBQ wings [Bridgette]
– Birthday cake, since it falls near my birthday every year… otherwise chips and dip [Katelyn]
– Chips and salsa [Emily]
– The American staple: Chicken Wings! Don’t forget the celery and bleu cheese. [Perrin]
– Nachos topped with chili and my fiancé Mikey’s apricot wings – amazing! [McKenzie]
– Meatball subs [Bonnie]
– 7 layer Mexican dip and chips [Kami]
– Chips with my homemade guacamole or wings! [Brittany]
– 7 layer Taco Dip [Becca]
Overall it seems like you can’t go wrong with chips and dip if you want to impress the ballgirls this year! Katie has even provided you all with the recipe to the sausage dip she always makes. (See below) Well, regardless who you are cheering for, we hope you enjoy the game with your family and friends!
1 package sausage
2 rotel tomatoes
2 packages cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F. Brown sausage in skill, drain. In a clean skillet, place drained sausage back into pan with Rotel tomatoes and cream cheese, mix until well blended.
Place in baking dish in oven for 20-25 minutes, or, heat in crock pot.
Serve with chips!